The bottom line is that I want you to comment on my blog, but I get to decide whether or not your comment is OK to publish. It’s my blog, and my decision is final.
I hate to edit/remove comments (I almost never do), and I like to give link juice credit to people that contribute to my blog (thanks to Internet Marketing Guru Josh Spaulding for clearing up my thinking in that area long ago). What I mean is that I don’t like it when people use the rel=”nofollow” attribute to prevent pagerank from passing from one site to another.
The way I see it, if you do the work to add to the conversation and help the quality of my blog, I should allow some of my page authority to flow back to your site. To manage spam, I do this for people with 9 or more approved comments.
No, not all comments are OK. Commenting is subject to the below policy.
I invite all comments but I ask that you please adhere to the following rules:
1. Hate, porn or gambling related sites may not be linked to.
2. Your comments must be relevant to the conversion. I don’t care if your comments are “one-liners” or 10,000 lines. As long as they are relevant to the conversation the length doesn’t matter to me.
3. As flattering as it may be, I will deny your comment if it is similar to one of the following:
– Nice site, It is very useful.
– I agree.
– Thanks for this information.
This type of comment doesn’t add to the conversation and it really doesn’t serve a purpose.
4. No affiliate links, if you use one it will either be removed all together, or the affiliate id will be stripped.
5. I’m giving you a free link that will be linked to your name or keyword so please do not “take a mile” by inserting yet another link of yours unless it truly adds to the conversation. If you add links that I don’t like for any reason, I will strip them out.,
6. If you’re site/blog is related in some way to Internet Marketing, feel free to use keywords as your name, but please include your first name somewhere in your comment.
7. I reserve the right to delete any and all URL’s you link to and/or comments if I find it unsuitable. I also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments.